did some sewing  

Posted by Heidi


over the holidays...and never posted good pictures.
So what I made is a cape for Owen, from scratch, but I used a template for the cape shape.




He absolutely loves it, but doesn't really wear it, yet, he plays with it, but isn't into the wearing it.. I can't quite figure it out. I made it for him since he found a cape at the library which he hates taking off, it's attached to a shirt, so I thought for sure he would like one of his own. But I don't think he likes the way it ties.
What he loves most about it, is it is a Brobee cape with all his frineds from Yo Gabba Gabba on it. He LOVES Yo Gabba Gabba...which means I might be trying to make him a YoGabba Gabba cake in April for his 3rd birthday.



I made rag quilt letters for Julianna.
I ordered vintage fabrics off Etsy and used them for the letters, she likes to throw them around, but I do believe she will grow into them, since Owen loves them, too.
I even made a little bag to store them in, and I did not have a pattern for it, I just made it up.



And I made a child sized snuggie for Donovan.
I was going to make a funky snuggie, where the arms were one each, Chicago Bears and Denver Broncos, but figured my sister give him enough Bronco wear, and he gets a ton of Bears stuff from his dad and family, so I just made it all Sooners. He loves it and sleeps with it all the time.
When I can get around to it, I am going to sew the cuffs all the way around, and the collar, the little stay put stitches I put in came out, he is a bit rough with it.





Not a super seamstress, but I am making more letters for a 1st birthday we are going to, and a skirt for Julianna's for her 1st birthday.
Maybe I am not void of talent afterall.

This entry was posted on Thursday, January 21, 2010 at 21.1.10 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment