Spring is here, but it feels like Summer!!  

Posted by Heidi

So Memorial Day has come and gone. I hope everyone took a moment to remember our fallen soldiers and all they have done for us as Americans.
It was a nice weekend, not too hot, not cold and aside from that LOUD storm that we had last night, is was perfect.
Usually we do something, as do many Americans, but yesterday, we just took the day off. Saturday we went to Wiley Post Park in OKC and let the boys run around. It was hot, but not unbearable.



Sunday we spent time trying to manage our yard. We finally put sand in the sandbox that has been holding standing water in our backyard, and that is Owen's new place to be.. I bet if we let him, he would play out there all day.




Chris trimmed back the hedges in our front yard.. which are holly bushes, yes holly bushes,, the prickly pokey kind, complete with berries, DO NOT REACH INSIDE FOR YOUR BALL...it WILL draw blood. Who puts holly bushes in their yard?
We also welcomed some gorgeous tiger lilies in the front. One has bloomed every day since Friday. I got pictures!!



We rent our house, so we just manage the lawn which is just clover and weeds, and not grass...we have considered buying this house, but until we know if we will or not, no sense in investing money into the yard unless it will be our yard for keeps.
So in the meantime, we just mow down the weeds so it doesn't look like we live in the rainforest.


I am hosting a playdate this week for my mommies group, so I thought it might be nice to have some outside activities...we have the climber Owen got for his 2nd birthday, the sandbox, the water squirting contraption and the wading pool that Owen got from Great Grandma Owens for his birthday. As well as sidewalk chalk and riding toys...you think that will be enough?
Those and all the toys we have that over run our house, I hope that there will be plenty for the 7 or so kids that will be here that day.


I have been to Oklahoma in the summer before, this will be of course my first experience living here. I know it's hot, I know it's humid, and I am ready.
My in laws have a pool and I have no issue using it. Maybe I don't have the hotbod I want, No; I am not back to my pre Julianna body yet, but hey I wasn't back to my pre Owen body before I got pregnant with her. My goal for 'someday' is to be back to my post Donovan body, not my pre Donovan body, I was still very skinny then. I don't think I would ever like to be that thin again. Regardless, it won't keep me out of the pool.
I would be fine hosing my self down with the garden hose too, at least at this house we have a fenced yard.
In 2 weeks, my sister is taking Donovan on a three day cruise, then he will finish out a week long visit with my parents. I used to love spending time with my grandparents. My sister and I used to spend time with my mom's youngest sister and my cousins, that was always fun too. I hope Donovan has a good time.
In a few short weeks he will go to spend 5 weeks with his dad and we should be getting Connor and maybe Katie for some time over the summer. That whole situation is as always difficult and trying but we have done what we can, and have not given up. Connor turns 10 on Monday and Katie turned 14 in the beginning of the month. As time has gone on, I am missing both of those kids more and more. I feel like I will have to really get to know them all over again when they are here for the summer. We saw them in March and already they had changed so much...heavy sigh.
Moving right along...
Julianna is days away from rolling over, she has the shoulders down, but her hips are holding her back some.




Owen is really talking..I told Chris months ago when he just said a few words, that once he felt confident in his speech, it would explode, and boy howdy...he has a vocabulary of about 200 words already. It grows a lot every day, as he repeats EVERYTHING he hears.. I am not kidding, if someone sneezes, he copies it, if you knock on the door, he shouts HELLO?
He is singing the theme song to Yo Gabba Gabba, our favorite show.. I am so very proud of him.


Donovan is officially a 4th grader now...man the time goes so fast.I feel as if I can remember every detail of his life, but yet here he is 9 years old and sometimes I feel like I don't even know him...my whiz kid, burnout paradise driving, guitar hero rocking young man....wink wink



Summer is going to be a blast.

Heidi

This entry was posted on Tuesday, May 26, 2009 at 26.5.09 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment