" Life is Long"  

Posted by Heidi

My father in law said that.. life is long.
Isn't it funny to think about a year ago, or 5 or 10?
Where you were, how you looked at life, how you tolerated society, how you made choices.
And here you are now, looking back.
Was it really so bad? Was it good?
I sit here today and think about where I was 5 years ago.
I had been divorced for a while and was sort of settling into the single mom groove. I was involved in the online dating scene and man oh man, I was ready to give up on men totally. Then I met Chris, he was my last chance, my final straw...if it didn't work with him, I was swearing off men.
And look at me now, married to him, 2 more kids, and I am so happy.
I wasn't unhappy then, but I had no idea how happy I could be. Or how happy I would be.
If I could change certain things, oh heck yeah, I would, lots of them. But why would I? What would that accomplish aside from changing where I am today, and thus changing where I will be next year and 5 years from now. You get the point.
I try very hard to accept things the way the are. For the way they played out and never look back with regret.
Everything happens for a reason. It happens to bring us to where we are today.

Things are rough right now for me with Katie, my stepdaughter.
She is a 14 year old girl, which in and of itself is a sucky time...I have been there.
But she has also spent the last 5 years of her life watching her parents split, then divorce, then one of them remarry, have 2 more children, and then move away.
She fought very hard for some time to bring them back together, to keep things "the way they were"
Then she got mad, she refused to accept the change, and now well, who knows what she really feels.
I am glad that life is long, when I first met her, she was friendly, and sweet.. no, she isn't snotty and sour, not all the time,
BUT she is very opinionated. She is always right, and she doesn't like me one lick.
Maybe in a year, or 2, or maybe when she is older, married, or even has children of her own, things will be different and I will look back on this time, and wonder...was it really so bad? or was it good?

Hmmmmm...

This entry was posted on Saturday, July 11, 2009 at 11.7.09 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment