Making good time...  

Posted by Heidi in , , , , ,

Seems that so far my resolutions are going well.
I have switched to Truvia instead of sugar for my hot tea.
I have not had a drop of soda since before new years.
I figure if I spent $.86 a day on a big gulp that was roughly $6 a week, $24 a month, $310 a year... yay me.
I have not had fast food since the New Year either.
I have not seen a drastic change in my weight, but I have noticed I am sleeping better and I have more energy throughout the day.
This may not seem very significant, but I think over the long term, I will see some positive differences.

We are trying to night wean Julianna.. who by nature is a very determined and LOUD little girl when she is both un happy and happy.
Chris has taken to dealing with her through the night in the guest room, so that she doesn't wake Owen, since they share a room, and me since no matter what effort I take, she roots for the boob like nuts when I try to rock her back to sleep if she wakes up.
Last night she only woke twice. She is eating more table food throughout the day, and napping a bit better too.

Owen now sleeps in hig big boy bed, no more crib, and the binky is gone for good...
We finally got the Yo Gabba Gabba bedding we ordered on like Dec 17..took FOR EVER to get here, but he loves it.
Today at preschool, he didn't cry, ate all his lunch, napped AND took his nap without a pullup and stayed DRY.. these are all huge...making good time...on this trip, yes we are.

Donovan can kind of get in a funk when he gets back from visiting Dirk( his OGD, or Dad) and it seems he has finally come around from his Christmas trip out there.
We went to Cub Scouts last night, and they played this game. "Harbor Master"..the boys all spread out around the room, then the leader blindfolded one scout outside of the room, then brought him back in to be directed by the chosen Harbor Master...go straight, go left 2 steps, right one inch.. so they don't bump into anything and make it safely across the Harbor/back of the room.
Quite fun to watch and to hear how a young boy gives directions.
He had a really good night, then we headed over to Misty's house, one of my mommy friends, and took off her hands a computer desk she no longer needed so Donovan could have on in his room for doing homework. He was amazingly thankful and gracious.
Again, making good time.
Chris and I have been on the same page, (so to speak) for the longest time, and boy can I tell you how good that feels? We don't often quarrel or argue..but when we get along for long periods of time, like the same wave length kind of thinking,gotta love that!!!
So, on all fronts right now, in Casa de Mallow, all is well, and on the trip of life, we are indeed making good time.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, January 06, 2010 at 6.1.10 and is filed under , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment