Our FAVORITE!!!!  

Posted by Heidi

Right now, just about anything that Owen likes is declared "My FAVORITE"!!!
"Owen, would you like some Apple Juice? "Apple Juice?, MY FAVORITE!!"
"Owen, would you like to watch Yo Gabba Gabba? "Yo Dab Dab!!! MY FAVORITE!!!"
"Owen, time to get dressed, first, your underwear!! UNDERWEAR?? MY FAVORITE!!!"
You get the idea.
Anyway, for about 6 months, maybe more, this book was his favorite, he just could not tell us.. now that he can, I want to share it with you.
I think Emma Dodd is a very creative writer.. I got both of these books, this one and this one when Donovan was about Owen's age, and Donovan loved them as much.
I love how she uses "S" for all the sounds the colors make in Dog's Colorful Day









and the fact that Dog eats his "meal" in Dog's ABC..








I can honestly say that we read the Colorful day book more than the ABC's but both are nearly memorized in our house.. Chris and I can't skip a page or forget a word. Owen is right on top of it to correct us.
I love that by reading it, he can count to 10,






knows all of his colors and his entire alphabet..



I do suggest both or even one if you are trying to introduce letters, colors or numbers to your child.
Have fun reading!!

This entry was posted on Thursday, January 07, 2010 at 7.1.10 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment