I survived  

Posted by Heidi

and am still surviving. The transition, that is. from leaving my family and going on THE MOST INCREDIBLE VACATION, then returning.
Between my sister and I we took over 1500 photos. I should mention that about 1/16 of those were mine, ok maybe 1/8, but they are still being uploaded and backed up and edited, although, my sister has a real flair for photography, she needs very few edits if any in about 95% of her shots. Yeah, I know, I am jealous too. Anyway.
I am a dumb ass, sorry for the harsh language, but the other night, for whatever reason, I went ahead and cleared off my camera, not 1 split second before I remembered that I had yet to move all the trip pictures to the computer for backing up and storage.
THANK GOODNESS I am married to a forensic computer geek, we think he was able to recover them.. I will have to wait until Sunday to find out.
Once I have some good images to choose from, I will share.
IN the meantime, this is how my trip went.
Mon,fly to CO, Tues, fly to Seattle, visit the Space Needle and the EMP, (experience music project), then we stayed in Bellingham that night.
Next morning, early,we were off to catch a bus to Whistler to see the Ladies Giant slalom, Alpine Skiing, which had it's 2nd run of the day postponed due to poor visibility.Then we were off to drive to the ferry, and ride the ferry to the B&B in Roberts Creek where we were staying. Next morning, we spent the day on Grouse Mountain, back to Roberts Creek for the night, next morning we went to Vancouver to the Richmond Oval, for Speed Skating, and then we walked around the city, taking in all the sights, then off again to the Olympic Stadium to see the short track skating.
We left early Sat morning to ferry back to BC and drive to Seattle and fly back to Co, then Sunday I flew back into OK. WHEW!!
We both had such a great time, there are little stories and details I will fill in with pictures, like the breast pump incident, and Dari's shoes..so those must be told with the pictures.
So until then...

This entry was posted on Friday, March 12, 2010 at 12.3.10 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment